Through McAfee Firewall, you can create and manage the access permissions for both new and existing programs. It assists you to allow the security programs to access your systems. Moreover, it protects your systems from the reach of unauthorized programs.
However, if you still wish to disable your Firewall, follow the steps we mentioned in this guide. Here, we will cover both enabling and disabling steps of McAfee Firewall for Windows and Mac users.
Know How to Enable the McAfee Firewall
To Enable it on Windows
- First, you have to open your McAfee software.
- Then, you need to click on the PC tile or click on the ‘settings gear icon.’ You will find it in the top-right corner.
- After that, click on the firewall tile or firewall menu option.
- As a result, you will find the ‘turn on’ option. Hit the same. This enables your McAfee Firewall.
To Enable it on Mac
- First, have a right-click on the McAfee ‘M’ icon in the menu bar.
- Then, click on the (product name) with Console. For example, LiveSafe Console.
- After that, click on the ‘mac security’ or hit the ‘gear icon’ at the top-right corner.
- Now, hit the lock to get changes. Then, input your password.
- Next, you have to tap the slider option to turn on the McAfee Firewall.
- At last, click on the ‘lock’ again to prevent further changes.
Know How to Disable the McAfee Firewall
To Disable Your McAfee Firewall on Windows
- First, look on your McAfee window’s left-hand panel to go to the ‘Firewall.’ Then, click on the same.
- Subsequently, hit the ‘turn off’ option, which you will find at the upper right-hand side. However, if the firewall page is blank, then it means that Firewall is already disabled.
- Now, search for the option asking ‘When do you want to resume real-time scanning?’ in drop-down options.
- Then, click on the same to select an appropriate option from the expanded list.
- After that, hit the ‘turn off’ tab.
To Disable Your McAfee Firewall on Mac
- First, go to the green settings icon. You will find it on the top right-hand side.
- Then, hit the ‘Firewall’ tab from the expanded menu.
- Doing this will open the ‘Firewall’ settings window. Here, you have to click on the ‘Lock’ option at the bottom.
- After that, a pop-up box will appear and will prompt for your ‘Mac Admin Password.’
- Hence, enter your password carefully.
- Then, hit the ‘Firewall’ switch option.
As a result, your Firewall will get disabled.
This post contains the step by step process of enabling and disabling your McAfee Firewall from Mac and Windows. You can follow the steps as per requirements. Moreover, the users are advised to visit the official website mcafee.com/activate to activate the McAfee Total Protection.